Nova Polonia II focuses on making expansion and buy-out investments in Polish lower and midcap enterprises.
Typically, the fund invests between € 3 - 15 million in a single company as majority or significant minority shareholder with an investment time horizon of 3 to 6 years. Larger or smaller investments are considered on a selective basis.
In making their investment decisions, the fund looks for companies that meet most or all of the following characteristics:
- Strong and defensible market position,
- Strong management teams with credible development plans,
- Emerging, or potential, leaders in sectors with high potential for organic growth,
- Consolidators in fragmented industries,
- Companies with good fundamentals that can be acquired at attractive valuations owing to rectifiable financial difficulties.
The Fund seeks to add value to its investments by active involvement and assistance to management teams and by acting as a catalyst to further growth.